Google’s Zeitgeist 2013 – still somewhat out of it
For the last few years in late December google has done a cute video of what people search. i started last year using this as an indication of how out of it i am as contrasted with folks who are watching the media more closely. So here are this years top searched terms.
As was true last year, just under half of these i had never heard of (Paul Walker, Cory Monteith, Harlem Shake, Adrian Peterson) . But i am not really embarrassed by this pop culture failing. The Fast and Furious film series i am convinced are safely skippable. The popular TV show Glee is similarly uncompelling to me. The only thing about the Harlem Shake which is interesting to me is elements of why it became so popular so quickly (the memetic structure of it) . i could care less about football.
About paxus caltaa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found on Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Renewables are cheaper than Nuclear – final chapter?
- Keenan on Twin Oaks and Economics
- The Cville 5th Street Walmart Story
- Just don’t put them all in the same room
- Pathetic Conspiracies and Obscure Motivations
- Keenan’s Paper on Denying a Personal Affairs Leave
- Cryptrographic Cat
- Who will build the roads?
- Would you wear it?
- The easiest virtue
- Two Speaking gigs – University of Baltimore and MIT
- OK Cupid Blues and Greens
- Temelin 3 and 4 are Dead
- Cultural Third Rails
- My favorite Billionaire