Google’s Zeitgeist 2013 – still somewhat out of it
For the last few years in late December google has done a cute video of what people search. i started last year using this as an indication of how out of it i am as contrasted with folks who are watching the media more closely. So here are this years top searched terms.
As was true last year, just under half of these i had never heard of (Paul Walker, Cory Monteith, Harlem Shake, Adrian Peterson) . But i am not really embarrassed by this pop culture failing. The Fast and Furious film series i am convinced are safely skippable. The popular TV show Glee is similarly uncompelling to me. The only thing about the Harlem Shake which is interesting to me is elements of why it became so popular so quickly (the memetic structure of it) . i could care less about football.
About paxus caltaa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found on Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- The police gave us this building – Freedonia Chronicles
- Anarchism Talk – University of Hawaii
- From Point A
- Community Snapshots
- Community Quest – March 15th in Brooklyn
- What the mainstream media is not telling you about nuclear power
- Old Guard and Young Turks
- What Anarchism Isn’t
- Tell the USDA what you really think
- Legacy of Trust: MetaBehaviorism
- The Joy of Lex
- Eulogy for my Dad – re-post
- Nuclear Newsreel, Thursday, February 20, 2014
- I am, I’m asking you to quit.*
- McDonogh Prep Assembly Speech