Not the Akashic Record
i have an obsession with social networks. Done right, they are a revolutionary tool of immense power. And of course, so far, we are not really doing them right. We are great at sharing vignettes of our lives our inviting people to events, but they are doing little to organize us by affinities or meet the real needs of the participants.
A friend screwed up an entry on FB and then chastised co-self in a subsequent entry. I recommended that they delete both entries and put in just one corrected one. Just like i encourage people to defriend regularly, i want to support the idea that FB is not the Akashic records (where all knowledge is saved) and instead is a dynamic graffiti wall, where stuff goes up and down quickly. Dont blink you’ll miss it.
PS dont bother searching for the mistaken post, they deleted both their entries and mine chastising them. The revolution is self correcting.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Nomadic Communitarians July 24, 2018
- Labor Day Workshops at Cambia July 16, 2018
- Love Letters to Strangers July 14, 2018
- Communities building Co-ops July 5, 2018
- Don’t Buy Land First June 24, 2018
- Why you need to watch Fox News June 17, 2018
- Bicyclist’s Diary May 30, 2018
- An Empire of Vacant Lots May 27, 2018
- Possible Themes for Communities Conference May 20, 2018