Understandably, most people are reluctant to ask questions where the answer is likely “no”. Even if it is a small question. Yet at the heart of many types of networking, especially digital networking, is asking lots of people for something that almost all of them will say “no” to.
Was a time when i was trying to decide between memetic tree house festivals and next generation social networks. Tragically, i choose the former. One of the cool folx who i met working broadly the later was Kasper. Kasper’s Facebook page describes him briefly as Mostly Vegan, Hitchhiker, Polyglot, Wikimaniac, social web consultant. Kasper is a digital nomad. In a parallel reality we are working together.
So when Kasper sent me an IM saying “do you know anyone in Sacramento?” i had to confess i did not, but after suggesting the Occupy Davis as a possible site, i started asking everyone on line if they knew someone in the area where Kasper could crash. There were several “no’s” But then Yasmin said she had an old college acquaintance who was working for Apple in Sacramento. A few msgs later and she was picking up Kasper and it turns out she was also active in Occupy Davis.
Dare to hear a bunch of no’s, dare to try to help folx.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Gossip is the Fabric of Community February 20, 2018
- Secret for a Day February 14, 2018
- Stepping Stone Commune February 5, 2018
- Every gift is an obligation January 27, 2018
- i make what you make [fiction] January 25, 2018
- Rent a room in NYC commune January 19, 2018
- Dream Alliance January 8, 2018
- NYE – Sorry, you can’t come December 31, 2017
- Culture Shift – Update Siri and Alexa December 21, 2017