The Best Place to Stay in Cville
Sky and Kassia and Misty and Emma from Woodfolk house and a collection of other wonderful folx run the Alexander House Hostel as a worker owned cooperative in Cville.
From a classical hotel perspective this is some of what they offer:
- the homey and personal feel of a Bed and Breakfast. The informal and relaxed atmosphere is perfect for meeting other travelers or enjoying quiet time.
- access to a light breakfast. We endeavor to use fair-trade, organic and local products.
- convenient access to The University of Virginia, Monticello estate, and the pedestrian downtown mall
- bicycle rentals (additional charge)- complete with helmets and locks!
- friendly hosts to make your visit a uniquely Charlottesville experience. The host is not always on the premises, but is always reachable by phone and is never far away.
- limited on-site parking.
- pet and smoke free facilities.
- free wifi.
But from a more holistic perspective, this is an inexpensive place that you can stay in the city of Charlottesville which is owned and operated by people who are working to make the world be a better place in numerous different ways. There are a number of different housing options, some of which permit you to stay with other people in the room like a classical hostel (sharing is good and shepa) while they also offer private spaces.
You can contact them at:
1205 Monticello Road
Charlottesville, VA 22902