I’ve estimated for about 2 months that i would hit 100,000 hits for the life of this blog just before May of this year. It will happen actually right after this is posted. What is surprising is that i got 68 hits from Japan out of first 200 hits of the day. Well if you read here regularly you would know because of Fukushima i write regularly about Japan, but none of the top pages for the day are on Japan or nukes. My only guess is people are coming to the blog and then reading lots of posts within it and they are Japanese.
So what i am thinking about doing between 100,000 and 250,000 hits – which should be by year end.
1) Start posting paper copies of the blog here at Twin Oaks in my mailbox. i have long resisted this and i think it is time to let go and print it so people who dont want to read online or are bored in the ZK lounge can read them.
2) Continue work on Elephant Journal a) Re-write of the Funological Significance/Dark Side of Burning Man piece B) Re-work of the Radical Car Share piece i will be posting soon and C) New Community Piece
3) Do the Strange Tango greatest hits of the last year. Strange Tango is this aggregation blog and art site. I appeared in it a bit over a year ago and that re-posting doubled my daily traffic. The single piece was a long posting of 17 pieces of the previous year. Which would mean selecting and brushing up a dozen or 17 pieces from the last year.
4) Do more joint projects with other authors i love: Nexus has already worked with me on the Loony Left, Sara on Oppression Mitigation, Crystal on making memes useful (or dead), Angie on Honest Seduction, Rabbit on Manifestos, Abigail on Fluid Sculpture saving the world and Jan Haverkamp on the future of nuclear power.
And perhaps you want to write something with me? Please send your thoughts and suggestions (to the comment space on this blog).
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Secret for a Day February 14, 2018
- Stepping Stone Commune February 5, 2018
- Every gift is an obligation January 27, 2018
- i make what you make [fiction] January 25, 2018
- Rent a room in NYC commune January 19, 2018
- Dream Alliance January 8, 2018
- NYE – Sorry, you can’t come December 31, 2017
- Culture Shift – Update Siri and Alexa December 21, 2017
- Alabama – don’t blame the whites December 14, 2017