The Burning Man Bump
It is so easy to be misunderstood.
Some months back i wrote a post about why i think Burning Man is significant funologically. It outlined a number of aspects of the festival which i think are important (from dust storms in which you safely lose control, to the replication of the theme of the event at regional burns across the country and around the world). I was quickly challenged to put out my critique of the festival, which i have had my own run ins with and i have a lot of constructive (i think) criticism for. I called this post The Dark Side of Burning Man.
As fate would have it, the critique got reposted a number of times and this week, because of these reposting and presumably because the festival is just about to start, traffic to my blog is way up.
If you have never been to a Burning Man event, consider going to a regional festival (which is much more accessible and cheaper) and seeing if you like it. i encourage you to consider these events, because they have a significant chance of touching something within you which makes you see the world differently.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Midnight Dump Run September 15, 2017
- 6 Months to build the DACA underground railroad September 6, 2017
- The Wrong President got Fired August 31, 2017
- The Irony of Houston August 29, 2017
- Almost an orgy August 27, 2017
- Hawina’s Birthday August 21, 2017
- Bye, Heather August 13, 2017
- The End of Summer August 2, 2017
- a small gem in new york city July 30, 2017