Parklets San Francisco Style
i am in San Francisco and tickled to discover the latest urban trend is parklets – parks made of one or more reclaimed parking spaces inside the urban area.
This is the more boring and most economically useful of the versions. This parklet is three car spaces in front of three different venders all of it serving food. It created an extended living room into the street for a pizza place, the Revolution cafe and Indian food.
This two parking space parklet which is a somewhat more classical park, tho i am curious if it works as a well utilized space. They are nice places to sit which provide a bit of privacy in this highly public space.
i am told there is a single parklet which is paid for by a single individual, instead of a business or collection of business.
It is also the most cared for and complex. The triceratops hedge is just one piece of this lovely little park. Where apparently the owner got married a few months back.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- From Havana with Love October 15, 2017
- Havana Impressions October 10, 2017
- Twin Oaks on the BBC 4 September 26, 2017
- Midnight Dump Run September 15, 2017
- 6 Months to build the DACA underground railroad September 6, 2017
- The Wrong President got Fired August 31, 2017
- The Irony of Houston August 29, 2017
- Almost an orgy August 27, 2017
- Hawina’s Birthday August 21, 2017