It is a bit before 5 AM. i leave in a few minutes for San Francisco, the last vacation part of my leave from community. And as is true before almost every trip of more than a couple of days that i take, i am trying to get a bunch of stuff completed before i go. i start moving faster, becoming more manic, more likely to make mistakes. It is a state which others and i have come to call blur.
This is in part because i stay in places even shorter than most, and i am oft seen bolting from any given room and thus i appear as something of a blur. But also after 22 hours of being awake, my brain stops functioning normally, and i start making more mistakes, so in this sense it is a reality blur.
And what is also true is that these days are some of the most productive for me: tying up loose ends, ditching things which i am failing to get along
with, scratching things off various “to do” lists. Despite the general exhaustion it entails, i like the blur feeling.
i can sleep on the plane.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Communards to Florida for Voter Rights October 10, 2018
- Surprising Discoveries – Riot Bayit October 5, 2018
- Unity in the Communities Movement August 19, 2018
- Ecovillage Design – An experts perspective August 16, 2018
- Nomadic Communitarians July 24, 2018
- Labor Day Workshops at Cambia July 16, 2018
- Love Letters to Strangers July 14, 2018
- Communities building Co-ops July 5, 2018
- Don’t Buy Land First June 24, 2018