Orson Scott Card won’t get a cent from me
Like Angie, i am a big fan of the Orson Scott Card books (i actually liked the Alvin Maker series of magical antebellum historical rewrites even better than Enders Game). But i will join this boycott. You can get his books at the library, you can rip his movie from Pirate Bay and should encourage your Card fan friends to do the same. It pains me that a guy with so much imagination is so intolerant. And the irony of him requesting tolerance when he offers none is precious.
It is also worthy of note, that a similar fan boycott of Cards scheduled Superman comic (digital and paper) ended up killing the project when the artist bailed. Boycotts work, get involved.
Or as ever clever Jaz suggests:
Another suggestion, for those of you who want to see the movie: pay for another movie – maybe one that you’ve already seen and liked, or that you want to do well – and then just head into the theater that’s playing Ender’s Game.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Labor Day Workshops at Cambia July 16, 2018
- Love Letters to Strangers July 14, 2018
- Communities building Co-ops July 5, 2018
- Don’t Buy Land First June 24, 2018
- Why you need to watch Fox News June 17, 2018
- Bicyclist’s Diary May 30, 2018
- An Empire of Vacant Lots May 27, 2018
- Possible Themes for Communities Conference May 20, 2018
- Twin Oaks Beltane May 18, 2018