Google’s Zeitgeist 2013 – still somewhat out of it
For the last few years in late December google has done a cute video of what people search. i started last year using this as an indication of how out of it i am as contrasted with folks who are watching the media more closely. So here are this years top searched terms.
As was true last year, just under half of these i had never heard of (Paul Walker, Cory Monteith, Harlem Shake, Adrian Peterson) . But i am not really embarrassed by this pop culture failing. The Fast and Furious film series i am convinced are safely skippable. The popular TV show Glee is similarly uncompelling to me. The only thing about the Harlem Shake which is interesting to me is elements of why it became so popular so quickly (the memetic structure of it) . i could care less about football.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Unlikely Hammocks November 26, 2016
- Accessible Anarchists: Can Masdeu November 9, 2016
- Anarchy at Twin Oaks October 13, 2016
- Compersia lands on the Atlantic September 22, 2016
- March is Hinkley Dies September 10, 2016
- Greenpeace versus Hinkley C September 5, 2016
- Better Labor Day Plans August 26, 2016
- I get arrested for a living August 3, 2016
- Evolving Transparency July 10, 2016