We are a hot internet meme
My story, which i completely made up, is that during the time Occupy was raging across the land, millions of protest pictures went up on line. Including this one:
Now a few years later, people are going back and looking through those images and finding ones which they think are compelling and reposting them.
And while it did not garner much attention when it was first posted, when Evolvefest reposted this image on March 28th, the interwebs got pretty excited about it. It has been shared over 8,000 times in the last 5 days. Twin Oaks is also getting people asking to join visitor periods because of it.
Though i am nominally in the transformational festival business, i had not heard of Evolvefest. Which is an annual event in NJ (not northern Nova Scotia as originally reported). Their Facebook page throws up literally dozens of images every day, but it is rare for their 90K FB friends to get as excited about an image as they did about this one.
For me what is important here is that effects of the Occupy movement are still lingering, largely invisible to the mainstream media which has moved on to the next hot topic.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Local Mystic November 19, 2017
- Point A: Becoming a Circus November 2, 2017
- Is Paul Manafort my John Dean? October 27, 2017
- From Havana with Love October 15, 2017
- Havana Impressions October 10, 2017
- Twin Oaks on the BBC 4 September 26, 2017
- Midnight Dump Run September 15, 2017
- 6 Months to build the DACA underground railroad September 6, 2017
- The Wrong President got Fired August 31, 2017