How China’s energy program destroys the scalability argument
I am reblogging this clever article that uses the crash development courses in China for both nuclear and wind expansion to put to bed the myth that only nuclear can scale to address climate change. Useful reading.
Other posts on China’s energy plan:
It’s not like this will come as startling news to most readers–most of us already have a strong sense that renewables are far better than either nuclear power or carbon capture/storage (CCS) at addressing our climate crisis.
After all, that’s the main message the Nuclear-Free, Carbon-Free Contingent is taking to the People’s Climate March in New York City September 21.
But it’s nice to see others take the same position, especially when bolstered with facts. That’s what Mike Barnard did yesterday in CleanTechnica.com with his article Wind Energy Beats Nuclear & Carbon Capture For Global Warming Mitigation.
Barnard begins with the simple reality that the James Hansen’s of the world just can’t seem to grasp:
“There’s an enduring myth related to wind energy and nuclear energy that needs to be put to bed. That…
View original post 692 more words
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- MIT Workshop March 15 of Climate and Communes March 12, 2018
- Gossip is the Fabric of Community February 20, 2018
- Secret for a Day February 14, 2018
- Stepping Stone Commune February 5, 2018
- Every gift is an obligation January 27, 2018
- i make what you make [fiction] January 25, 2018
- Rent a room in NYC commune January 19, 2018
- Dream Alliance January 8, 2018
- NYE – Sorry, you can’t come December 31, 2017