What does NYC have for Kids?
I’ve lived in a bunch of cities: San Francisco, Washington DC, Sydney, Honolulu, Arnhem, Amsterdam, Brno, Vienna, Ljubljana. In some ways it is strange that I have been living in a rural environment for so long, because I self identify as an urban rat.
The Point A project is about starting communities inside large urban centers, and the way the project has worked out I have a significant responsibility for NYC. Which is nice for me, big complex city, which in other blog posts I have likened to crack. But despite having been there 6 times in the last 6 months, I am just really starting to know the city.
I am coming back up in a few days on my way to a craft fair (TarryTown link) and I am bringing Willow and his young friend and fellow communard Evan, ages 12 and 14. We have a day together in NYC and I want to show them around. The trouble is I dont really know the city very well from an exciting to a young person perspective. So I am asking for help from my lovely comrades who are familiar with New York City.
If you had a single day in the city with a couple of high energy boys, what would you show off? Anywhere in or near the 5 boroughs with an emphasis on Staten Island. Links are fantastic. You can comment inside this blog, or on Facebook where I have linked this post or to me via email if you prefer.
Shouldn’t this already be a fingerbook?
Thanks in advance.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- An Empire of Vacant Lots May 27, 2018
- Possible Themes for Communities Conference May 20, 2018
- Twin Oaks Beltane May 18, 2018
- why i am an anarchist May 8, 2018
- Call For Presenters: Twin Oaks Communities Conference May 1, 2018
- MIT Workshop March 15 of Climate and Communes March 12, 2018
- Gossip is the Fabric of Community February 20, 2018
- Secret for a Day February 14, 2018
- Stepping Stone Commune February 5, 2018