Sadly not Ello
i want a Facebook alternative. i have been talking and writing about this for years. Some folks pointed me towards Ello and asked if i thought it might fit the bill. At first glance the propaganda seemed right, but the functionality was a bit thin.
Then it turns our that they have taken $425K in venture capital funding. This is the kiss of death. VCs need at least 20 to 1 return on investment for their successful projects and they usually get this by having tremendous control over the running of the start up. The chances that the VCs will let this be an ad free/user driven social network are vanishingly small.
There is clearly a demand for an alternative to Facebook. This is just not the answer.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Rent a room in NYC commune January 19, 2018
- Dream Alliance January 8, 2018
- NYE – Sorry, you can’t come December 31, 2017
- Culture Shift – Update Siri and Alexa December 21, 2017
- Alabama – don’t blame the whites December 14, 2017
- Bye for noo, Milo December 11, 2017
- Appreciating being targeted December 4, 2017
- Damanhur Stories December 1, 2017
- A love letter a day November 29, 2017