Acorn brings the Party
The sign of a culturally rich community is that there are more things happening than there is time to do them all. This often happens around evening events and parties at Acorn and Twin Oaks. And tonight there was a transparency group at Acorn, while there was also a dance party at Twin Oaks.
We tried to get out of the transparency group early – but there were all these interesting new people and early became after 9:30 PM. But a bunch of people still wanted to go, so we hopped into a minivan and a Dharma Bum‘s car. And walked in and only the DJ was dancing and the dance floor was nearly empty.
But we brought 13 people and started a bit of dancing. Half an hour later, Twin Oaks visitors disappointed by the early ending of the original party came back and started dancing, as well as some members who heard rumor of the party restarting. We had a crowded dance floor and the party was reborn. Half an hour later the first shuttle went home. By midnight everyone was heading back to Acorn. Report backs were all positive, glad they went, got what they were looking for.
The funological principal here is if you have a dozen of the right/enthusiastic people that you are adding to an event (even a near dead one), you can control the health of a party.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- From Havana with Love October 15, 2017
- Havana Impressions October 10, 2017
- Twin Oaks on the BBC 4 September 26, 2017
- Midnight Dump Run September 15, 2017
- 6 Months to build the DACA underground railroad September 6, 2017
- The Wrong President got Fired August 31, 2017
- The Irony of Houston August 29, 2017
- Almost an orgy August 27, 2017
- Hawina’s Birthday August 21, 2017